After the jump, my week two college football ballot draft for SB Nation's BlogPoll Top 25. Final ballots will be tallied and posted across the network tomorrow morning. Onward:
- Three teams -- Boise State, TCU, and Utah -- beat very good teams and thus jumped. LSU also beat a good team, but did so in the most hideous possible way while facing UNC's JV squad. I didn't want to drop UNC after they almost won despite their handicaps, but a handful of newcomers were simply more impressive.
- New number one. But they won't stay there long.
- Michigan looked great in handily beating UConn. I've always thought of Michigan and Notre Dame as being the most consistently overrated programs, so introducing them at number 13 was tough, but soundly beating a good team trumps running up the score on a crappy team.
- Oklahoma survived Utah State by a single score, and the game was close all afternoon.
- Virginia Tech is the only losing team to remain. Just couldn't unrank Tyrod Taylor after his team falls in the last minute of a top ten opponent's most important game ever, though the Hokies were certainly disappointing.
- BYU, South Carolina, and Texas Tech all beat respectable opponents (Washington, Southern Miss, and SMU, respectively), while Nebraska beat one of the worst teams in the nation, Western Kentucky.
- Tempted to leave Navy onboard at number 25. If not for three mystifying goal-line fumbles, they would've beaten Maryland by at least 18 points.