The Georgia Bulldogs schedule for 2011 starts off with a pair of tough tests before hitting a stretch of five straight games in which the Dawgs will likely be favored. All eyes will be on the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game opener against Boise State, with Boise likely coming in with a top-10 ranking despite losing quite a few starters.
Week two's game against South Carolina won't be as hyped around the country, but will provide a better look at how the rest of the season may go.
If the Dawgs can make it out of that early stretch 2-0, they'll be in great shape. With the chance to knock out three of their four true road games before hitting the late-season rivalry stretch, there's no reason Georgia couldn't be 7-0 heading into Jacksonville with only one road game left. If we can still call Bobby Dodd Stadium an away venue for Mark Richt, that is.
That's the best-case scenario, at least.
- 9/3 at 8 pm ET: Boise St. Broncos (at Georgia Dome)
- 9/10: South Carolina Gamecocks
- 9/17: Coastal Carolina
- 9/24: at Mississippi Rebels
- 10/1: Mississippi St. Bulldogs
- 10/8 at Tennessee Volunteers
- 10/15: at Vanderbilt Commodores
- 10/29 at 3:30 pm ET: Florida Gators (in Jacksonville)
- 11/5: New Mexico St. Aggies
- 11/12: Auburn Tigers
- 11/19: Kentucky Wildcats
- 11/26: at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets