Atlanta's loss coupled with Detroit's loss to New Orleans has the Falcons clinging to the final wildcard spot in the NFC playoff picture. Chicago, Atlanta and Detroit all have the same 7-5 record but the Bears hold a tie breaker advantage over both the Falcons and the Lions and therefore are holding down the No. 5 slot. Atlanta has a tie break advantage over the Lions so they claim the No. 6 and final wildcard.
The top six teams in the NFC will advance to the playoffs with the four division winners and two wildcard spots. NFC
NFC Playoff Picture
1. Green Bay Packers 12-0 (NFC North)
2. San Francisco 49ers 10-2 (NFC West)
3. New Orleans Saints 9-3 (NFC South
4. Dallas Cowboys 7-5 (NFC East)
5. Chicago Bears 7-5 (Wild Card) Hold tiebreaker over Atlanta due to head-to-head record.
6. Atlanta Falcons 7-5 (Wild Card) Hold tiebreaker over Detroit due to head-to-head record.