EDIT: Further updated SEC Tournament bracket here.
The SEC's second leading scorer Chris Warren came up with just enough offense to help lead Ole Miss past South Carolina by a score of 66-55. Warren scored 20 points while shooting 3-7 from three-point range. Terrance Henry added 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Rebels.
Sam Muldrow carried the Gamecocks both offensively and defensively with 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 blocks. South Carolina could only connect on 30% of their shots from the field in the game.
Ole Miss moves on to face Kentucky on Friday in the second round. The Rebels knocked off Kentucky 71-69 earlier this season in the only regular season meeting between the two clubs. Chris Warren rattled home a three-pointer with just 2.9 seconds to seal the win for Ole Miss. John Calipari's Wildcats will be looking to avenge that earlier loss when these two teams meet again.
For more on this game, South Carolina fans should join Garnet And Black Attack, and Ole Miss fans should stop by Red Cup Rebellion.
Updated 2011 SEC Tournament Bracket (all times EST):
Thursday, March 10
- Georgia def. Auburn, 69-51
- Ole Miss def. South Carolina, 66-55
- Tennessee vs. Arkansas, 7:30 pm ET
- Vanderbilt vs. LSU, 9:45 pm ET
Friday, March 11
- Alabama vs. Georgia, 1 pm ET
- Kentucky vs. Ole Miss, 3:30 pm ET
- Florida vs. Tennessee/Arkansas, 7:30 pm ET
- Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt/LSU, 9:45 pm ET
Saturday, March 12
- Alabama/Georgia vs. Kentucky/Ole Miss, 1 pm ET, ABC
- Florida/Tennessee/Arkansas vs. Mississippi State/Vanderbilt/LSU, 3:30 pm ET, ABC
Sunday, March 12
- Championship, 1 pm ET, ABC