Ole Miss' Chris Warren tried to carry the Rebels past Kentucky it was just that Brandon Knight and company weren't going to allow it. Ole Miss could get close but could never find a way to overtake Kentucky who found a way to come up with a basket down the stretch whenever they needed it to pull out a 75-66 win over the Rebels. Doron Lamb led the Wildcats with 19 points while Brandon Knight tossed in 17 points, six rebounds, six assists.
Chris Warren led Ole Miss with 20 points. Terrance Henry had a nice game with 17 points and 14 rebounds.
Kentucky advances to the semifinals where they will take on Alabama. The game will be a huge opportunity for the Tide as a win over the Wildcats would likely remove them from the bubble and onto solid footing in the NCAA Tournament. Earlier this season, Kentucky lost 68-66 in its only meeting with Alabama.
For more on this game, Kentucky fans should join A Sea Of Blue, and Ole Miss fans should head to Red Cup Rebellion.
Updated 2011 SEC Tournament Bracket (all times EST):
Thursday, March 10
- Georgia def. Auburn, 69-51
- Ole Miss def. South Carolina, 66-55
- Tennessee def. Arkansas, 74-68
- Vanderbilt def. LSU, 62-50
Friday, March 11
- Alabama def. Georgia, 65-59
- Kentucky def. Ole Miss, 75-66
- Florida vs. Tennessee 7:30 pm ET, SEC Network (WPCH)
- Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt, 9:45 pm ET, SEC Network (WPCH)
Saturday, March 12
- Alabama vs. Kentucky, 1 pm ET, ABC
- Florida/Tennessee vs. Mississippi State/Vanderbilt/LSU, 3:30 pm ET, ABC
Sunday, March 12
- Championship, 1 pm ET, ABC