The Thrashers just can't score for trying.
The AJC's Chris Vivlamore has an outstanding run-down of the Thrashers' issues recently. It reads like a bucket list for a team that wants the first overall pick:
- The Thrashers have scored one goal in four of the past five games, despite having more than 40 shots on goal in each.
- Their shooting percentage in the past five games is 3.2 percent (7-for-214). Their shooting percentage in the past 10 games, all while out-shooting the opposition, is 5.6 percent (22-for-393).
- The Thrashers are 7-17-6 in past 30 games, having scored 63 goals. They scored 114 in the first 35 games of the season while compiling a 19-11-5 mark.
- They have been held to one or zero goals four times in first 35 games and 10 times in the past 30 games.
- The Thrashers, without back-to-back wins since Jan. 2 and 5, have not won a game by two or more goals since Dec. 20, a 6-3 win over Toronto.