Recapping the events of April 19:
Brewers 9, Phillies 0
(PHI) Roy Halladay: 6.2 IP, 10 H, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
(MIL) Randy Wolf: 6 IP, 2 H, 3 BB, 5 K
- The Brewers moved to 9-8 while the Phillies dropped to 10-6.
- The Phillies managed just two hits on offense. Wolf shut them down over six innings while Prince Fielder recorded three hits and one RBI. Ryan Braun and Casey McGehee hit homers.
Astros 6, Mets 1
(HOU) Wandy Rodriguez: 7 IP, 3 H, ER, 3 BB, 7 K
(NYM) Jon Niese: 6 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 5 BB, 3 K
- The Astros moved to 6-11 while the Mets dropped to 5-12.
- Niese struggled with control by walking five in six innings, throwing 113 pitches.
- Carlos Lee went 2-4 with one RBI. J.R. Towles went 2-2 with one RBI.
Marlins 6, Pirates 0
(FLA) Josh Johnson: 7 IP, 2 H, BB, 9 K
(FLA) John Buck: 2-4, 2B, RBI
- The Marlins moved to 9-6 while the Pirates dropped to 8-9.
- Johnson induced eight groundouts to one flyout over seven shutout innings, allowing just two singles and a walk.
- The Marlins got to Paul Maholm for six runs in 3.2 innings.