Recapping the events of April 26:
Braves reliever Peter Moylan will likely continue to sit on the DL after his 15 days are up this weekend (link). The Braves are keeping him on the DL to avoid a possible setback if he is rushed.
Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez is attempting to fix a hitch in his swing (link). Ramirez is hitting .194/.308/.254 with a .252 wOBA.
Mets catcher Ronny Paulino will be activated from the DL on Friday (link).
Marlins 4, Dodgers 2
(FLA) Chris Volstad: 7 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, BB, 5 K
(FLA) Mike Stanton: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI
(LAD) James Loney: 4-4
- The Marlins moved to 15-7 while the Dodgers moved to 12-13.
- The Marlins moved into first place with the win.
- Volstad had his best outing so far this season, yet he only induced six groundouts to seven flyouts, which is rare for Volstad's sinking ability.
- Clayton Kershaw allowed four runs on six hits in 5.1 innings.
Mets 6, Nationals 4
(WAS) Wilson Ramos: 3-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI
(NYM) Josh Thole: 1-4, 2B, 3 RBI
- The Mets moved to 10-13 while the Nationals dropped to 10-12.
- The Mets have won five in a row.
- Chris Young allowed three runs on four hits in 4.2 innings in his return from the DL.
Diamondbacks 7, Phillies 5
(ARI) Daniel Hudson: 6 IP, 10 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
(ARI) Ryan Roberts: 2-4, HR, 2 RBI
- The D'backs moved to 10-12 while the Phillies dropped to 15-8.
- The Phillies dropped out of first with the loss.
- Roy Oswalt allowed five runs on six hits in three innings.
- Ben Francisco hit a homer and drove in two.