Recapping the events of April 26:
Marlins 4, Dodgers 2
(FLA) Chris Volstad: 7 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, BB, 5 K
(FLA) Mike Stanton: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI
(LAD) James Loney: 4-4
- The Marlins moved to 15-7 while the Dodgers moved to 12-13.
- The Marlins moved into first place with the win.
- Volstad had his best outing so far this season, yet he only induced six groundouts to seven flyouts, which is rare for Volstad's sinking ability.
- Clayton Kershaw allowed four runs on six hits in 5.1 innings.
Mets 6, Nationals 4
(WAS) Wilson Ramos: 3-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI
(NYM) Josh Thole: 1-4, 2B, 3 RBI
- The Mets moved to 10-13 while the Nationals dropped to 10-12.
- The Mets have won five in a row.
- Chris Young allowed three runs on four hits in 4.2 innings in his return from the DL.
- The D'backs moved to 10-12 while the Phillies dropped to 15-8.
- The Phillies dropped out of first with the loss.
- Roy Oswalt allowed five runs on six hits in three innings.
- Ben Francisco hit a homer and drove in two.