Recapping news and games for April 27:
Marlins outfielder Chris Coghlan left Wednesday's game early with shoulder soreness (link).
Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz left Wednesday's game with lower back tightness (link). He is scheduled to see a doctor Thursday and could hit the disabled list.
Phillies outfielder Domonic Brown went 2-4 with a home run in his first rehab game for Single-A (link).
Phillies pitcher Roy Oswalt left the team due to concerns for his family and home in Mississippi following the severe storms (link).
Dodgers 5, Marlins 4 (10 Innings)
(LAD) Andre Ethier: 2-5, HR, RBI
(LAD) Rod Barajas: 1-5, HR, 3 RBI
- The Marlins dropped to 15-8 and back out of first place.
- Anibal Sanchez allowed three runs in five innings, striking out four.
- Chad Billingsley allowed four runs in six innings, walking three and striking out three.
Phillies 8, Diamondbacks 4
(PHI) Jimmy Rollins: 2-5, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
(PHI) Placido Polanco: 4-5, 2B, 3 R
(ARI) Chris Young: 2-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- The Phillies moved to 16-8, first in the NL East.
- Cole Hamels allowed three runs on four hits in seven innings, walking one and striking out eight.
- Joe Saunders allowed six runs in 5.2 innings.
Mets 6, Nationals 3
(NYM) Daniel Murphy: 2-2, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
(NYM) R.A. Dickey: 6.2 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, BB, 3 K
(WAS) Tom Gorzelanny: 6.1 IP, 5 H, ER, BB, 4 K
- The Mets moved to 11-13. The Nationals are 10-13.
- Jayson Werth went 2-4 with a double.
- Francisco Rodriguez recorded his sixth save.