Recapping news and scores for April 29:
Braves reliever Peter Moylan remains out and will not be activated from the disabled list Saturday (link).
Marlins outfielder Chris Coghlan had an MRI that showed no structural damage, and he hopes to return Saturday (link).
Mets catcher Ronny Paulino was activated from the disabled list (link). Josh Thole has a lock on the starting job, but Paulino will see some starts.
Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz will likely not need a trip to the disabled list due to back tightness (link).
Nationals 3, Giants 0
(WAS) Jason Marquis: 9 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K
(WAS) Laynce Nix: 2-3, HR, 2 RBI
(SF) Tim Lincecum: 7 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- The Nationals moved to 12-13.
- Marquis outdueled Lincecum for a complete game shutout. He holds a 2.62 ERA on the season.
Phillies 10, Mets 3
(PHI) Ryan Howard: 2-4, 2 HR, 6 RBI
(PHI) Vance Worley: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 5 K
- The Phillies moved to 17-8 while the Mets dropped to 11-15.
- Howard hit his fifth and sixth homers of the season as part of a six-RBI game.
- Worley pitched six shutout innings in a spot start for Joe Blanton, who hit the DL.
- Mike Pelfrey was charged with four runs in 4.1 innings for the Mets.
Marlins 7, Reds 6
(FLA) Hanley Ramirez: 2-5, 2B, 2 RBI
(FLA) John Buck: 1-4, HR, 3 RBI
- The Marlins moved to 16-8, remaining a half game behind the Phillies.
- Javier Vazquez allowed four runs in six innings for the Fish. His ERA sits at 6.39.
- Vazquez also went 2-2 with an RBI.