Recapping the news and scores for May 13:
Braves outfielder Jason Heyward could return Sunday, but Monday seems more likely (link). Heyward received two cortisone shots in his sore shoulder.
Marlins first baseman Gaby Sanchez is hitting .429 with four home runs and 15 RBIs in May. He went 2-4 with a homer in Friday's win over the Nationals.
Marlins outfielder Logan Morrison has been activated from the disabled list, but he still feels a "bite" in his foot (link).
Nationals outfielder Rick Ankiel is not expected to come off the disabled list when he's eligible to on Wednesday (link).
Marlins 6, Nationals 5 (11 Innings)
(FLA) Gaby Sanchez: 2-4, HR, 2 RBI
(FLA) Chris Volstad: 6 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, BB, 7 K
(WAS) Laynce Nix: 3-5, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- The Marlins moved to 22-15 while the Nationals fell to 18-20.
- Sanchez is hitting .429 in May. That includes two four-hit games and just three hitless games.
- The go-ahead run for the Marlins came on an RBI double by Greg Dobbs.
Mets 6, Astros 4
(NYM) David Wright: 1-3, HR, 2 RBI
(NYM) Fernando Martinez: 1-1, HR, 2 RBI
- The Mets improved to 18-20.
- The Mets hit three homers in the game, the one not listed being a solo shot by Jason Bay.
- Wright was dealing with back problems and saw action for the first time since Tuesday, hitting his sixth homer.