Recapping the news and scores for May 5:
The Mets have not talked to the Giants about a Jose Reyes trade (link). Reyes has been in the spotlight lately regarding trade rumors surrounding him to San Francisco, but it appears they have been nothing but rumors to this point.
Mets outfielder Jason Bay returned to the team following two days on the paternity list (link). Lucas Duda was optioned to Triple-A to make room.
Phillies 7, Nationals 3
(PHI) Roy Halladay: 7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
(PHI) Raul Ibanez: 3-4, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
- The Phillies moved to 21-9 while the Nationals dropped to 14-17.
- Halladay hit double digit strikeouts for the second time this season as the Phillies swept the Nationals.
- Shane Victorino went 1-3 with a homer and walk.
Mets 5, Giants 2
(NYM) Mike Pelfrey: 7.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- The Mets moved to 13-18.
- The Mets took advantage of six walks by Jonathan Sanchez, scoring five runs off him.
- Carlos Beltran hit a homer and drove in two. Jose Reyes added two RBIs on a triple.
- The Marlins dropped to 19-11.
- Westbrook threw 23 first-pitch strikes to 26 batters faced. He induced nine ground balls to two fly balls with no walks.
- Omar Infante had two hits and two RBIs for the Marlins.