Welcome to the pre-game quick hit stats-apalooza. Enjoy.
Their Week 4 meeting will be the 74th time the Falcons and 49ers have played each other in their team's history. The 49ers hold a 44-29-1 edge but the Falcons have won the last three including last year's 45-10 embarrassing thrashing in Candlestick.
The Falcons record against the 49ers (by decade):
- 2000s ...5-3
- 1990s ...6-14
- 1980s ...6-12-1
- 1970s ...10-10
- 1960s ...2-5
Average Score in all 74 meetings:
- Falcons 17.3
- 49ers 24.0
- Falcons 280.9
- 49ers 368.5
Most Points Scored:
Falcons 45, Oct. 11,2009
Highlight: Roddy White catching a 90-yard touchdown en route to a 210-yard receiving day.
49ers 56, Oct. 18, 1992
Fewest Points Scored:
Falcons 0, Four occasions but not since 1986
49ers 0, Oct. 9, 1977
- Falcons won 4 in a row between 1979 and 1981.
- 49ers won 5 in a row on multiple occasions, most recently between 1996 and 1998.
The 49ers' Mike Singletary is 13-15 as a head coach. He is 1-1 in Week 4 games lifetime.
Mike Smith is 22-14 as Falcons head coach and has a 0-1 record in Week 4.
Best Individual Performances Against the 49ers:
- Passing: Chris Miller, 337 yards, 1990
- Rushing: Erric Pegram, 192 yards, 1993
- Receiving: Roddy White, 210 yards, 2009
- Sacks: Five players tied, 2, 1997 was most recent
Roddy White needs 53 yards to become only the fourth Falcon to reach 5,000 yards receiving for his career.
Tony Gonzalez needs 29 yards to reach 12,000 receiving yards for his career.