The Minnesota Vikings will prepare to make due with their usually effective running game as the prospect of star tailback Adrian Peterson playing on Sunday versus the Atlanta Falcons seems in doubt. The Vikings running back was held out of practice on Wednesday, as the high ankle sprain suffered against the Oakland Raiders is similar to the one Felix Jones had that put him on the shelf for 3 weeks.
If Adrian Peterson is out, head coach Leslie Frazier will call on Toby Gerhart and Percy Harvin to carry the rock versus the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
Here is the Vikings injury report for October 23rd:
- CB Chris Cook (not injury related) DNP
- S Husain Abdullah (concussion) DNP
- RB Adrian Peterson (ankle) DNP
- TE Kyle Rudolph (quadriceps) DNP
- TE Visanthe Shiancoe (hamstring) DNP
- LB Erin Henderson (hamstring) LP
- G Anthony Herrera (knee) LP
- QB Christian Ponder (knee) LP
- WR Percy Harvin (ribs) LP
- DT Christian Ballard (hamstring) FP
- T Charlie Johnson (achilles) FP
- S Jamarca Sanford (shoulder) FP
LP: Limited participation in practice
FP: Full participation
DNP: Did not practice
For more on the Falcons read SB Nation Blog The Falcoholic. To read more on the Vikings head over to SB Nation Blog The Daily Norseman.