The New Orleans Saints are fortunate enough to have arguably the deepest running backfield in the entire NFL. From the veteran Pierre Thomas, to the jitterbug free-agent signee Darren Sproles, to the journeyman now hard runner Chris Ivory the Saints have plenty of folks to carry the rock.
However their most talented ball carrier, their first-round draft Mark Ingram, has missed the last two games with a heel injury suffered in the Saints 62-7 thrashing of the Indianapolis Colts. The rookie was a limited participant in practice Wednesday, and no word has been given if Ingram will play Suinday.
The Atlanta Falcons boast the 7th-ranked rushing defense, and having Ingram out of the lineup could be to the benefit of Mike Smith's defense.
Atlanta Falcons Injury Report
- DE John Abraham (not injury related) DNP
- T Sam Baker (back) DNP
- DE Ray Edwards (knee) DNP
- TE Tony Gonzalez (back) DNP
- CB Brent Grimes (knee) LP
- C Todd McClure (not injury related) DNP
- S William Moore (quadricep) DNP
- DT Corey Peters (knee) LP
New Orleans Saints Injury Report
- CB Tracy Porter (neck/chest) DNP
- LB Jonathan Vilma (knee) DNP
- CB Patrick Robinson (stomach) DNP
- T Jermon Bushrod (stomach) DNP
- DE Turk McBride (ankle) DNP
- RB Mark Ingram (heel) LP
- TE John Gilmore (neck) LP
- RB Chris Ivory (hamstring) LP
For more on the Falcons head over to The Falcoholic. To read more on the Saints head over to Canal Street Chronicles.