In the latest mock draft by SB Nation's Dan Kadar, the Atlanta Falcons beef up the defensive front and select defensive end Datone Jones of the UCLA Bruins at No. 30 overall.
Jones is rising up the draft boards of many teams after showing well at the combine. At 6'4 and 283 pounds, Jones is the type of player who can anchor against the run but has also shown the ability to sink his hips and get after the quarterback. In 2012, Jones had 5.5 sacks for the Bruins.
The Falcons don't have many needs (not surprising when you consider where they are picking) but defensive end is one of them with the loss of longtime playmaker John Abraham.
Kroy BIermann is the leader in sacks among the returning Falcons, and he only had four last season. Jones could help to fill a void and stabilize the situation for a team that has designs on going to the Super Bowl.
More from SB Nation:
• Sunday's March Madness TV schedule
• Elvis Dumervil signs with Ravens
• The best NFL touchdowns of 2012
• Don't call Vince Wilfork's wife ugly
• Should the Bills target Ryan Nassib over Geno Smith?
• NFL Mock Draft: SB Nation bloggers are on the clock