The Georgia Bulldogs enter National Signing Day 2012 with 17 commits and a class ranked in either the top 20 or top 10, depending on where you look. The highlight is consensus five-star offensive tackle John Theus, followed by defensive ends Leonard Floyd and Jordan Jenkins, running backs Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley, and defensive tackle Jonathan Taylor, all of whom are rated at least four-stars by most services.
The Dawgs are in good shape to improve their class on Wednesday, despite losing three-star lineman Chester Brown to UCF due to a state immigration rule. Several moves are left that could both help UGA and weaken SEC rivals, if all goes well.
The top target is five-star linebacker Josh Harvey-Clemons, who'll announce his choice from among UGA, Florida, Florida State and Miami shortly (hopefully shortly) after 9 a.m. ET Wednesday. And at 2 p.m. ET, 270-pound offensive lineman Avery Young will choose between Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Miami.
Here's the Georgia fan's schedule for the day (all times ET):
- 8 a.m.: DL Dalvin Tomlinson (Good Morning Atlanta). Tomlinson is likely going to either Alabama or Georgia Tech, but insists his lack of an official visit to Athens doesn't rule out the Dawgs.
- 8:45 a.m.: WR JaQuay Williams. Georgia has been trying to sway the longtime Auburn commit and Sandy Creek product over the past few weeks.
- 9 a.m.: Josh Harvey-Clemons (ESPNU) and OT Brandon Greene. Greene said he's still committed to Alabama, as he's been for almost an entire year, but Georgia's made an effort.
- 10:30 a.m.: DE Josh Dawson. The four-star has been committed to Vanderbilt since the summer, but Georgia's supposed to have a good chance of swiping him.
- 11:30 a.m.: WR Cordarrelle Patterson. The JUCO has taken visits to Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and Tennessee, and Nebraska's believed to be in the running as well.
- 2 p.m.: Avery Young (ESPNU).