clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

NASCAR At Dover: TV Time, Starting Grid, Odds And More

This afternoon's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FedEx 400 is in jeopardy due to inclement weather that played havoc with Saturday's on-track activities and is expected through Thursday at least, as of 2 a.m. Sunday morning. According to Weather.com's forecast for Dover, DE, there is a 50% chance of rain today and a 30% chance Monday. Tuesday, traditionally the last day NASCAR would attempt to run the race, has a 70% chance of rain.

If the race is unable to be completed or at least reach its halfway mark of 200 laps by Tuesday evening, then it will likely be rescheduled for July 24, the next - and final - off-weekend for the Sprint Cup Series this season.

Rain or shine, FOX's coverage of the race is set to begin at 12:30 p.m. with their Pre-Race show. The green flag is scheduled to drop at approximately 1:15. Fans in the Atlanta market can, as with every race until mid-June, find the event on FOX 5 Atlanta.

The aforementioned  rain-plagued day at the track Saturday has put Jimmie Johnson on the pole. It is the first qualifying rainout since last July's event at the Daytona International Speedway. A.J. Allmendinger will share the front row. Kyle Busch, who was due to start from the seventh position, has to drop to the rear of the field because of an engine change.

Visit Jayski.com to see the entire starting grid.

Like any astute racing observer, Las Vegas oddsmakers see Johnson as the clear favorite to win any race at Dover regardless of when it is completed. At 3-1, he leads the way. Other notables include Busch at 7-2, Jeff Gordon at 7-1, and Tony Stewart at 8-1. Check out the entire list here, but remember, we are linking these for information and entertainment purposes only.

Check back throughout the day for updates on the status of today's activities. If the race is run as scheduled, SB Nation Atlanta will, as always, have its updates throughout the event. Check out SB Nation's NASCAR hub and NASCAR Ranting and Raving for additional information.

Photographs by coka_koehler used in background montage under Creative Commons. Thank you.